Saturday, December 12, 2009

My First Altered Book

This is an altered book that I made for my sister Charlene for her birthday.  The title of it is Asia.  The medalion on the front doesn't show up very well, but I made it with ultra thick embossing powder and stamped the dragon into it.

"Sisters"  I had the perfect Asian happy birthday
stamp which I stamped on balsa wood and edged
with gold embossing powder.






"Zodiac"  Charlene is year of the goat or sheep.

"Lanterns"
"Dragons"
       "Koi".  The photograph on the right was taken at the butterfly garden near Victora, B.C., and yes, the koi is bigger than the duck!  
           "Geisha"
                                     "Samurai"

  "Fans" and "Umbrellas"
                                                   "Panda"

"Fortune" and "Mask" I had the perfect stamp to go with the picture of the mask!



1 comment:

  1. I am so blessed to have this book. I truly love it and enjoy it more each time I travel through it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete