Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Project for 2012

Went shopping at Craft Warehouse yesterday and they had a garland of these cute stars on display.  Their's was made to spell out something for Christmas I think.  The rosettes were edged in silver glitter and in place of the metal tag, there were glittered letters.   For mine the rosettes are made using the Tim Holtz rosette die by Sizzix.  I edged the rosettes in red glitter and then glued them together with a blob of hot glue so that there was a little bit of dimension between them.  I also used hot glue to glue the metal tag on top.  A small gold jewel was glued into the hole of the metal tag.  The paper I chose for the rosettes is by BasicGrey and the metal tag is from Tim Holtz's Idea-ology line.  Simple, just like the meaning of this project! 

One of the gifts my husband gave me for Christmas this year is a Cricut Expression 2.  He thought this up all by himself!  I never even asked for one.  So, I have been playing around with it a little just getting used to how to operate it.  I managed to make a cute little gnome, but he hasn't told me what project he wants to be attached to yet :)  I'm sure you will be seeing him soon!

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year.  Now, go create something wonderful!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Very nice project. You changed the look of your Blog..I think right while I was looking at it. It all went blank and then came back different. Weird!! Have fun with your new crafty things. You always make such pretty items. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Janna! You did a wonderful job, love it!

    ReplyDelete