Thursday, July 12, 2012

Christmas in July


I came across the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round blog and decided to join in.  It gave me a good reason to maybe get a jump start on getting some Christmas cards done in advance.  The July challenge is Christmas Flowers/Holly -Include Holly or Poinsettias somewhere on your card.  I like this challenge because it gave me an opportunity to use the Spellbinder's poinsettia die that I had been wanting to play with.  It's actually really easy to build a poinsettia with it!  The stamps are from Close To My Heart.  I added ribbon to the card to make it look like a wrapped package with the poinsettia as the adornment.  I used some pearly bling for the center of the flower and some pretty green/gold Stickles on the tag. Ho, ho, ho! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. You made the flower too? You amaze me, wish I could make cards like you. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet and elegant, love it! Fun to play with Christmas in July, it will be here to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Janna, love your new die! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at CCAYR, hope to see you back real soon :)

    ReplyDelete