Sunday, May 5, 2013

Journal Page #3 and a Lawn Fawn Card

Got to spend some time in my stamp studio today, so I finished up my 3rd art journal page and made a Lawn Fawn card.  First up the journal page..
 I wanted to try a technique that I hadn't done yet.  First you stamp and emboss with white powder onto pearly white cardstock.  Didn't have quite the right paper, but worked with what I had.  I actually used a gold color pearly paper.  Then you put your stamped image into a container/dish and spritz generously with water.  Dab the tip of a paint brush into a re-inker color of your choice, and then touch it to the stamped image.  The color quickly spreads out.  It was fun, and I look forward to playing with this technique some more.  You are supposed to use 2 or 3 colors.  This was how I did the roses.
The fleur-de-lis in the upper right corner is stamped and then went over the dots with liquid pearls.
I think this page has catatude!! :)

And next up is my Lawn Fawn card:
 You gotta love pink flamigos right??  Glittered up the clouds a bit and gave the water some "reality" with a little liquid glass.  Love me some Lawn Fawn!!
Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had some fun time in the studio!! Beautiful work as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Janna! Every time I see one of your pages, I get so inspired to try an art journal ... :)

    ReplyDelete