Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pretty Cute Stamps January Blog Hop!

Hi my stamping friends!  Welcome to Pretty Cute Stamps January Blog Hop!  If you came here from the Pretty Cute Stamps blog, then you are in the right place :)  If you would like to go back and start from the beginning, click here.
I have a card to share with you today that I made with the brand new Mad Scientist set which is currently on sale over at Pretty Cute Stamps.
 
 
 A while back I learned how to do the "chalkboard technique" and it worked perfectly to create the chalkboard for my card.  I wonder what magic potion he is creating here, a love potion perhaps??
For this technique, you simply stamp your images and heat emboss with white embossing powder.  Give that a few seconds to set and then using your finger, rub a little white pigment ink across the paper.  It gives it that chalk eraser effect across the board.  Did you ever have to clean the chalkboard at school?

 
I stamped the Mad Scientist and colored him with my Spectrum alcohol markers.  A little liquid glass was added to the lenses of his glasses for that realistic look.  I cut him out and popped him onto the card with some popdots.

 
I finished off the inside of the card with another image from the set and the sentiment.

 
Here is the whole Mad Scientist set...
 
Mad Scientist 4x6 Stamp Set
 
Now, how would you like to win a prize??
 
This is the prize for the blog hop.
 
Here's how to win:
"Follow" each blog in this blog hop and leave a comment on each one.
For extra chances, you can also "LIKE" Pretty Cute Stamps on Facebook,  and/or sign up for the Pretty Cute Stamps Mailing List.
A random winner will be chosen for the prize on Friday, January 23.
 
The New Releases will be on sale through January 27 and you can save even more by purchasing the January 2015 Stamp Bundle.

January 2015 Stamp Release Bundle

 Also, you will get this free stamp set with any 2 stamp minimum purchase during the sale.

Salt and Pepper 2x3 Stamp Set (Freebie during sale with 2 stamp minimum purchase)

Thank you so much for stopping by, next up on the hop is the very creative Karla.

Here is the line-up in case you get lost along the way:

Lisa
Janna (you are here)
Karla
Larissa
Raven
Dawn
Happy Stamping!
Janna :)

 


22 comments:

  1. Very cute card with this set. Love the chalkboard you created and the use of liquid glass.
    I am a follower.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I'm new to this company and I really like what I see. Placed and order this morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card...I love your chalkboard. ddigby@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute...love how you made it look like a chalk board. Can't wait to get my set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE!!! I love the chalkboard effect on your card and that little scientist is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable, Janna! I love the chalkboard...what a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with this fantastic card-- you have so many fantastic details! Love it!! That chalk board is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black board background is such a clever idea for this set! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chemistry sets are my fav! Love your card and how you put the sentiment on the inside too.
    :) Janis
    66cricket@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! I am a new follower. TFS :)

    Michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card! It reminds me of Albert Einstein! I just became a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! Super cute card! I love that chaulkboard technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaw, love the fun scientist and cute design! Cute card!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card. Love, that crazy professor in front of his chalkboard.

    Barbara @ ThreeCraftyDivas . com

    SpotofSanity.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely LOOOOVE your card!!! It's so quirky! New follower!

    ~Ashley W
    proudusmcwife@gmail.com
    http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous card and I absolutely love the way you did the chalkboard look:) Thank You for sharing. Disneynut 4 life 22 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the mad scientist and the chalkboard effect created

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your chalkboard card! Totally adorable! avriltanner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great coloring! Your shadowing is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! I love the chalkboard technique. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete