Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sparkly Princess Suncatcher

Hi my Stamping Friends and Happy May!!
I have a fun project for you today, something different than a card!
I took a look at the Pretty Cute Stamps' Gnomies set and decided that the little girl gnome could easily also be a princess.
I stamped her out and created this cute sun catcher!


I stamped out the girl and flowers using black Memento ink and colored them with Spectrum Noir markers and cut them out.  The base of the sun catcher is made with rosettes that were cut using a Sizzix die and scallop pieces that were punched with a Stampin' Up punch.  One side is green and the other pink. The girl and flowers are on both sides.


I used nylon fishing line to string up the sun catcher.  Sparkle was added to the girl and flowers with Stickles and Wink of Stella.


I put tulle in the top of her hat because that's the way princess hats are! :)


The flowers below the rosettes were part of the Sizzix die.  I glued them back-to-back one side green and the other pink, onto the fishing line.  The centers of the flowers are pretty embellishments from Queen & Co.  I finished off the sun catcher with a pretty glass bobble at the bottom.

This project was so fun to make.  I hope I have inspired you to take a second look at your stamps.  What will you create??

You can find the Gnomies set and lots more cute stamp sets over at the Pretty Cute Stamps website.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Stamping!!

Janna


No comments:

Post a Comment