Saturday, August 29, 2015

Show of Hands...

.... or at least one hand!!
Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog!
Today I wanted to show you the ATC that I made for this month's OR.C.A.S. (Oregon Coast Avid Stampers) August club meeting.
Each month we make and exchange ATC's.  We started in January with the letter "A", and have been working our way through the alphabet.  This month was the letter "H".
This was my ATC.


I stamped the hand with Memento black ink and then colored it with Spectrum Noir markers.  After coloring, I stamped the image again on note paper and tore the paper around it.  I put some two-way glue on the paper and let it dry creating a mask for the image.  After masking, I started applying Ranger Distress ink (Tea Dye color), building up the color on the outside edge.  When I was satisfied with that, I used water to drip splatters over the background and then mopped up the excess with a paper towel.  That left the bleached out splotches.  I then stamped the "H's" which are from two different alphabets sets by Close To My Heart, and finished around the edge of the card with some black pigment ink.  I stamped a second card with a Stampin' Up stamp that lets you fill out all the details about your ATC, and glued it to the back of my card.  The little envelope behind it is something that I found at Hobby Lobby and they come in a package of 12, I think, 2 or 3 each of different colors.  They are just right for holding an ATC!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment