Thursday, November 12, 2015

Furry Christmas

It's raining cats and dogs here on the Oregon Coast, and I have been stamping cats and dogs!
Being a pet lover, I was just so tickled with this November Pretty Cute Stamps release, and what a cute blog hop!  If you just visited Joann's blog, then you are on the right track, but if you would like to start from the beginning, just click here to get back to the Pretty Cute Stamps blog.
I wanted to include all of the cats and dogs on my card, so I did just that in this portrait card.


I created the background using paw prints from both the Doggone It! set and the Cattitude set, stamping them in red and green.  I made masks for each of the pets by stamping onto sticky note paper, and then I stamped the pet images onto the card masking as I went so that I could get the images behind one another.  Once I had it all stamped, then I had the fun of creating their little personalities in how I colored them up.  I colored them with Spectrum Noir markers.  Once I had them colored, I went back in with a Distress marker and colored the blue background.  I used a Distress marker because it is water-based and doesn't bleed into the images colored with alcohol markers.  Both this piece and the green one beneath it were die-cut with dies from Lawn Fawn.  I put a little sparkle on the eyes and noses with Wink of Stella, and the sparkly bows are foam stickers.

Here's the inside..


The little paw print and sentiment are from the Fur Baby set.

You will find all three of the new sets (see below) on sale right now through November 18, 2015 in the Pretty Cute Stamps store, plus you can save even more if you get the whole bundle!
Be sure to hop along with us and leave a comment on each blog, there is a $15.00 Pretty Cute Stamps gift certificate as blog candy (a prize)!
For extra chances to win, you can "like" Pretty Cute Stamps on facebook and/or sign up to the Pretty Cute Stamps mailing list.
Your next stop for more cuteness is the fabulous Larissa!
Thanks for hopping with us, and Happy Stamping!
Janna :)

Here is the full hop line-up:
Janna: you are here :)

      

9 comments:

  1. OM Word! Janna this is just unbelievable! A lot of work to layer all those stamps and color the how you did! I am sooo impressed you did a wonderful job and it is sooo appreciated the work you put into this. I hope whoever receives it appreciates all the hard work you put into this, I can not say enough about it~ THank you for sharing! clsteinbeck@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collage of fur babies! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Totally pawsome! Loving the weenie dog, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Great way to include them all!! The calico cat is my favorite one!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO cute! I love how you colored them all different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaw, love your pack of fur babies! So darling! Cute, cute sentient inside to!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful job with the masking and stamping. Awesome job, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be in heaven with these new pet sets!! Esp the dogs!! Nicely done card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all the cute critters you included.

    ReplyDelete