Are you up for a challenge??
Today starts the first of monthly challenges over on the Pretty Cute Stamps blog, and is designed
for you to play along with us and show us what you make using Pretty Cute Stamps, and hey, you could win a prize!
The theme this month is Anything Goes and this is my inspiration to you using the Fireworks stamp set...
I used the Bokeh technique for the background which I just learned how to do this week thanks to my friend Jo Rauch. You first lay down your colors (two or three) using dye inks or watercolor and I used water color for this one with three colors. Allow that to dry or use your heat tool. Then you use a circles stencil (you can make your own with window plastic and circle punches or die cuts) and white pigment ink and stencil circles overlapping them as you go. You will want different sizes of circles to get the right effect. Once that is dry, you stamp your designs on top. You can get tons of ideas and find instructional videos if you go to You Tube and search Bokeh.
It's really fun and a fairly quick technique!
O.K. here are the details to the challenge:
- This month's challenge is Anything Goes. So, create anything using Pretty Cute Stamps. A Pretty Cute Stamp must be used to create the project.
- Please link to your actual blog post...not to your blog. If you don't have a blog, you can add a photo of your project to the current Monthly Challenge photo folder in the Pretty Cute Projects Facebook Group.
- You can enter as many different projects that follow the monthly theme as you want for more chances to win.
- The challenge will run for 3 weeks. You must link up your project by 11:55 pm CST on Saturday, July 11, 2015.
- One random winner of a $15 Gift Certificate to the Pretty Cute Stamps store will be chosen. The winner will be announced on Saturday, July 18, 2015.
That's it, so head over to the Pretty Cute Stamps Blog for tons more inspiration and to link up your project!!
Have a great weekend and Happy Stamping!!